Did you know that green peppers are just unripe red peppers? Because they are not fully mature, they have a bitter after taste, and half the vitamin C and 1/10th the vitamin A compared to their red or orange siblings. Vitamin A is important for eye health, and vitamin C may prevent the common cold.
Reasons to increase your red pepper consumption:
1. Red peppers contain more than 200 percent of your daily vitamin C intake.
2. Red bell peppers are a great source of vitamin B6 and folate.
3. Red bell peppers help support healthy night vision.
4. Red bell peppers are packed with antioxidants.
5. Burn more calories with red bell peppers.