- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 ounce mixed dried seaweed (such as wakame, arame or dulse)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic paste
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
Put rice and 2 cups water into a small pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and simmer until liquid is completely absorbed and rice is just tender, about 40 minutes. Set covered pot aside off of the heat for 10 minutes then uncover and fluff rice with a fork.
Meanwhile, place seaweed into a large bowl and fill the bowl with cold water. Soak until seaweed is tender, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the variety. Drain well, pressing down on seaweed to remove excess liquid and pat dry.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, agave, oil and chili-garlic paste. Add seaweed and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve with brown rice and sprinkle with green onions.