Out of all the organs, liver is by far the most nutritious.
The liver is a remarkable organ with hundreds of functions related to metabolism. One of its functions is to store important nutrients for the rest of the body.
A 100 gram portion of beef liver contains:
- 1176% of the RDA for Vitamin B12.
- Over 50% of the RDA for Vitamins B6, B5, Niacin and Folate.
- 201% of the RDA for Vitamin B2.
- 634% of the RDA for Vitamin A.
- 714% of the RDA for Copper.
- Over 30% of the RDA for Iron, Phosphorus, Zinc and Selenium.
- 29 grams of high quality animal protein.
Eating liver once per week is a good way to ensure that you get optimal amounts of these very important nutrients.