This simple dish can be made a little more elegant with freshly poached salmon instead of the canned. But canned or fresh, salmon is delightful, refreshing and super healthy, especially in this salad!
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (12-oz) can salmon, drained and broken into bite-size pieces or fresh salmon, poached and chunked or sliced
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks or slices
- 1/2 organic red onions
- 3 tbsp raw unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)
- Organic greens (optional)
In a small bowl mix together the lime juice, honey and cayenne until well combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl assemble the salmon, avocado and onion slices and gently toss with the lime-honey dressing. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes for all the flavors to come together.
If desired, sprinkle sunflower seeds over salad before serving. Serve over an organic bed of greens if you like.