- 8 dates
- 1⁄2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 sprinkle Celtic sea salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin by soaking the dates for 30 minutes. Pit and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until they are mealy in texture
- Add the sea salt (optional), cacao nibs, cacao powder and 2 tablespoons of the hemp seeds. Pulse until well incorporated.
- With the food processor running, add the vanilla and the pitted dates one at a time until the mixture begins to form a dough.
- Make small balls by rolling the two tablespoons of the dough between your hands. If your hands get sticky, use a small amount of coconut oil on your palms.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons hemp seeds onto a plate and roll the Energy Balls in the hemp seeds to form an outer layer.